When it comes to the health and well-being of your family, good indoor air quality plays a crucial role – particularly if there are members in your home who suffer from asthma or allergy. Fortunately, it is quite easy to achieve healthy air inside your home when you have a forced air system. There are many different types of air filters and purifiers that you can seamlessly add to your air distribution to trap and eliminate airborne particulates. Roseville air conditioning companies can help you find the right air purifier to improve the indoor air quality in your home and keep your family healthy and safe all year round.
Air Purifiers to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
Here is a look at the different types of air purifiers that can help in cleaning the air in your home:
- Mechanical Filters: Using different types of materials, mechanical filters act as a sieve, and filter out particles that are present in the air. This type of air filter typically filters particles such as dust, dirt, hair and some mold and mildew spores. There are also mechanical filters with higher MERV ratings that are capable of straining out some viruses and bacteria.
- Electronic Air Cleaners: This type of air cleaner captures and removes airborne particles by using a polarized charge. Electronic air cleaners are capable of:
- Removing over 95% of particles that aggravate allergies
- Delivering cleaner, fresher air for the entire home or building
They are compatible with any HVAC system, have no ozone emissions, making them safe for the environment, and they do not require any cleaning. You can choose from two types of electronic air cleaners – electronic precipitators and ion generators. To determine which one is right for your home, you should consult the top Roseville air conditioning companies, such as South Placer Heating and Air.
- UV Germicidal Lights: UV germicidal lights scramble the DNA of biological contaminants and kill them. The UV-C rays destroy cell DNA, killing the proteins of the cells which sustain their life. The biological contaminants are ultimately eradicated as they are unable to reproduce or survive. UV lights cannot filter anything so you should use them in conjunction with a mechanical or electronic air cleaner.
Call the Experts in Indoor Air Quality
If you are looking to install an air purifier in your home to improve indoor air quality, you should consult one of the top Roseville air conditioning companies – South Placer Heating and Air. We have a team of highly trained and certified HVAC technicians who provide high-quality, efficient services for your home. Call us at 916-246-2089 to schedule a home visit today.